Season 1 Athletic Contest Protocols
NPSL athletic directors and principals approved the following (with the rationale listed below):
Allow spectators (families) at NPSL home contests during the remainder of Season 1 sports. Each rostered athlete will receive 2 passes for their family at HOME contests only. The NPSL Athletic Directors will re-evaluate guidelines for Home & Away spectators (families) the week of March 29 – April 2.
Possible start date with NPSL Principal approval Tuesday, March 23.
- Per Phase 3, updated Governor/DOH/WIAA Guidelines Link Here 3/12/21
- A majority of the NPSL School Districts are returning to in-person, regular or hybrid learning during this time.
- A majority of the NPSL athletic venues can handle limited capacity. Social distancing will not be an issue.
- To accommodate NPSL families, the NPSL is committed to FREE live streaming contests through Justagame Live, on School’s VNN Athletic Websites.
The protocols for athletes and coaches who are competing will continue, along with the COVID-19 protocols in place for the facilities used for competitions and practices. The protocols in this document will focus on four areas that are unique to allowing spectators at our events:
- Attestation (Daily Health Screening)
- Seating/Social Distancing
The attestation process for athletes and district employees (coaches and game management crew) will be completed through the current Qualtrics process, and each person will be required to show their “green check” mark before being allowed access to the facilities.
For spectators, we have created a Tahoma Health Screening Google form that I will send to parents of athletes via FamilyID the day of the event. The notification will read that their athlete is allowed two spectators to the contest that day. Parents/spectators must fill out the link and wait to receive an email. Once they get the email, it will state whether they are approved or not approved to attend the contest. Fans must show the email to staff checking people in when they arrive at the contest.
The person checking people in will see the date of the email and who they are coming to watch. Staff will look on the roster and mark off how many people are on the email. The roster will inform them where they will be sitting in the stands that evening.
The officials will be sent the Tahoma Health Screening Google form and will also show their approved email when they arrive at the contest. Emails will be sent only on the day of the contest.
Masks are required for all coaches, athletes, and anyone in attendance at the contests (including spectators and game management).
Entry into the facilities:
- Maxwell Stadium (Maple View MS)
- We will use the exterior entrances on the southeast area of the building entry (adjacent to the multipurpose gym). There will be a check-in table at the yellow doors that lead into the stadium. Spectators will line up using the blue dots that have been painted on the sidewalk that demonstrate six foot spacing for social distancing. Spectators will show their “Approved” message to the check-in person, then identify which athlete they are associated with (each athlete is allowed two spectators). Those who have not completed the Google attestation form will be directed to a separate table where they can complete the Google form and get approved or complete a paper version of the attestation. If a backup develops we will open the gate (handicap access) and use that as an additional entry.
- Seats are assigned in order to help maintain social distancing, and also to assist with contact tracing if an attendee tests positive.
- Personnel – Three people.
- Athletes – Home athletes will present verification of their approved attestation when they arrive at the site. The visiting team (coaches, athletes, managers, videographer,…) will present a list to the game manager. They will assure the game manager that all on the list have successfully completed the attestation process for their district.
- Stadium at Tahoma HS
- Personnel – Two people, one on the visitor side and one on the home side.
- Visiting side will check for attestations of the visiting team. If home team spectators park on that side, personnel will check for the attestation on their phone. If not available, the link or paper attestation will be given to them and will be directed to the home stand.
- Home side will check for attestations before entering the stands. Those who have not completed the Google attestation form will be directed to a separate area behind the home stands where they can complete the Google form or complete a paper version of the attestation if completing it electronically is not an option.
- Gyms at Tahoma High School
- HVAC/ventilation system needs to be on 1 hour before the event(s).
- Personnel – Two people, one at the auxiliary gym and one at the main gym exterior doors.
- Gym 2 (auxiliary gym) is for the C-team, checking rosters and attestations upon entry.
- JV/V will go to the main gym exterior door, checking rosters and attestations.
- Those who have not completed the Google attestation form will be directed to a separate table where they can complete the Google form or complete a paper version of the attestation.
- MVMS and THS Stadium Home Side – Prior to the game, we will mark and label seating areas that will assure proper spacing between groups of spectators. Prior to the event, names will be drawn and seats will be assigned based on the drawing.
- MVMS and THS Stadium visitor side – no spectator seating allowed.
- Main Gym – At check in, we will verify the attestations, identify which player they are assigned to, and inform families where to sit in the bleachers. Prior to the event, names will be drawn and seats will be assigned based on the drawing. Family names will be laminated and placed on the bleachers for the JV team and Varsity team to indicate their seat locations.
- Spectators must wear masks at all times, and maintain social distance. Spectators are expected to stay in their seat/seat area.
- Attendees do not share food or drinks or personal items with people they don’t live with. (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/attending-sports.html
Exiting the venues will be controlled by the game announcer. We will announce which groups can exit by section to avoid congestion at the exit points.
Below are the roster sizes for the teams and events with maximum number of spectators at each event.