Phase 1 Indoor Practice Protocols
- Coaches have completed all the WIAA required certifications in addition to the TSD requirements
- HVAC system is adjusted so outside air circulates through the gym
- System is currently set to purge at 100% between 11:00 and 11:30. When not purging it’s set so 30-40% of outside air enters the building.
- Students register on FamilyID for clearance to participate
- Nurses check FamilyID lists to identify students who have medical emergency plans. They communicate with families to make sure we have updated plans prior for clearing athletes for participation. Nurse and Covid
- FamilyID clearance list triggers creation of student ID card with their QR code
- Student’s parent listed in Skyward receives attestation email from the district daily
- No symptoms – they are cleared for that day’s participation
- Symptoms identified – student is not allowed to be on campus for practice. Medical coordinator will monitor the student’s status and determine when the athlete will be allowed to return to play.
- Coaches are also emailed attestations and are given QR codes that are scanned before practice begins
- When athletes arrive on campus they line up at the exterior gym doors – social distance markings will be on the ground
- Coach scans ID card for attestation. There are three possible responses to the scan:
- Green check – OK to participate
- Red “X” – not cleared for participation, need to leave the facility. Medical coordinator will monitor the student’s status and determine when the athlete will be allowed to return to play.
- Blank screen with “Qualtrics” written on it – attestation has not been completed
- Athletes cannot participate unless they are able to reach their parent, have them complete the attestation, rescan the QR code, and show the outcome
- Malfunction of QR code – once this is confirmed, the athletic office will contact the attestation coordinator to resolve the QR code issue.
- Hand sanitizer used upon entering
- Masks required for coaches and athletes for the entire training
- No access to locker rooms – doors will be locked and caution tape placed on doors
- Caution tape will be placed on the doors leading to the locker rooms area
- Restroom nearest the gym in the commons will be available for the athletes and coaches. Only one person at a time to use the restroom for social distancing. Markings will be placed on the floor outside the restroom to show where to wait while the restroom is occupied.
- Athletes are instructed to bring their own water and not share
- No spectators are allowed
- Main gym 12 total in two groups of six
- Aux gym one group of six
- Group size and level of activity allowed in Phase 1:
- Low/Moderate Risk (VB/Dance) – allowed to use a ball and break their group of 6 into two groups of 3 for drills involving “brief close contact”
- High Risk (BBB/GBB/WR) – Individual training/practice allowed. No pods, one per station. Example, one athlete per basketball hoop. 6 hoops in the main gym, 2 hoops in aux gym. Wrestling example – “shadow” wrestling which involves a single wrestler socially distanced from the other wrestlers in the room working on their techniques vs air.
- Athletes will use hand sanitizer before using balls. Balls/equipment will be Monitor – a gym monitor with training in the protocols will be on site during the training sessions to assure the protocols being followed cleaned by coach after each use before putting away.
- Monitor – a gym monitor with training in the protocols will be on site during the training sessions to assure the protocols being followed.
- Exit through same door they entered
- Students are required to leave campus once their workout is completed
- Hand sanitizer used upon departure
- Coaches will clean equipment, balls, etc. before departure
- Custodial will sanitize doors, benches, flooring in the gyms. Locks and gates in the storage room next to the gym. Supprox cleaning in the gym will be added to the building disinfecting schedule.